Monday, April 11, 2011

com·pe·ti·tion

com·pe·ti·tion

  kom-pi-tish-uhn] –noun

-the act of competing;  rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.

-a contest for some prize, honor, or advantage.

-the rivalry offered by a competitor.

Get it?

I like competition.

I love the friends I workout and train with because they constantly keep me on my toes.

I HAVE to be the best one in abs at my morning workout groups. Period. I.Can.Go.All.Day. Win for me.

I push myself on my runs, not just to not fail my friends, but to not fail me. I run with RockStars, they motivate me. Win for me.

I have a friend I want to swim with because she (Lady Em) rocks and I know I won't stop and sit in my lane crying because I am so jealous of her ability. Again, win for me.

AND now, a new challenge...Spin Class.

Last week I casually invited momof3 to a Tuesday lunch time Spin Class. 
My 69 year old father was teaching - he's an a$$ kicker.
I figured she would come, have a nice time, relieve some stress...yada yada yada.
I laughed when Dad was fitting her for her bike and told her to "suck her butt in"...
G is tough, there would be no slackin' in this class.
At one point, the class even got extra hill work because a certain 2 young ladies were talking and being distracting (but it was warranted because I was spilling my guts).

Well, momof 3 is a lot like me.
Although in so many ways we are NOT alike...in so many ways we are...
We married the exact same H's, she is GBA and I am HCB (score) and she, like me, is COMPETITIVE.

Today I got a lovely post on my FaceBook wall...

"midday cycle tomorrow?"

Three simple words...

And my reply was a quick and resounding "YES!" So I booked two "seats" in class.

Her reply, and I quote: "Sweet! Thanks! Seriously, a friend takes you to lunch on your b'day, a GBA friend invites you to spin.... (grin)."

Competition - Yep.
Love it? - Yep.

See ya tomorrow G!
Happy Birthday to me!


-d



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday TO YOU is RIGHT! Love you too SpeeDee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think You're fabulous! Take a spin class in the morning or at night so I can join!!!

    ReplyDelete